- 110ml Everyday Favourites White Wine Vinegar
- 400ml Water
- 2g Everyday Favourites Fennel Seeds
- 1g Everyday Favourites Whole Black Peppercorn
- 1g World Of Spice Cumin Seeds
- 2g World Of Spice White Mustard Seeds
- 40g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Caster Sugar
- 1pce Bb - Cucumber
- 5g Bb - Dill
In a saucepan add the vinegar, water, spices and sugar then bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the sliced cucumber and dill sprigs and allow to cool. - Leave overnight or for a few days for best results.
Warm Tartare Butter Sauce
- 2 Eggs Tray Free Range
- 40ml Everyday Favourites White Wine Vinegar
- 4ml Everyday Favourites English Mustard
- 60g Jersey Butter
- 20g Shallot Banana
- 100ml Double Cream
- 100g Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock Mix 800g
- Cornish Sea Salt
- 0.5g Everyday Favourites Whole Black Peppercorn
- 60ml Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
- 12g Everyday Favourites Cocktail Gherkins
- 2g Bb - Chive
- 1g Bb - Tarragon
- 2g Bb - Parsley Flat
- 2g Bb - Dill
In a mixing bowl add 2 egg yolks, vinegar, mustard and whisk together.
Melt 20g of the butter and add the finely diced shallots then add the vegetable stock, double cream, salt & freshly cracked black pepper, bring to a simmer and cook until the shallots are softened.
Pour the shallot mix into the egg mix and whisk together then slowly add the oil and the remaining butter.
Add chopped gherkins & herbs to finish - Keep warm
- 4 Plaice Fillets Skinned
- 40g Jersey Butter
- 60ml Dry White Wine
- 100g Pickled Cucumbers
- 400ml Warm Tartare Butter Sauce
- 100g Tempura Batter Mix
- 80g Casa De Mare Capers Fine
- 100g Shallot Banana
Butter sheets of greaseproof paper to fit inside a frying pan.
Place the plaice fillets on the paper butter side up and then put these into a hot frying pan- Allow the plaice to brown slightly before adding the white wine and cover with a lid to steam until cooked - 5-6 minutes.
Make the tempura mix and drop in the sliced shallots and capers then deep fry quickly until crunchy and cooked. -Keep warm
Drain the cucumber and warm the sauce.
Flood the plate with sauce then top with cooked plaice fillets, finish with pickled cucumber, crispy shallots and capers and fresh chervil