This dish would sit equally well in a fine dining setting or with a pint in a beer garden!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- Fresh garden peas when in season - blanched and refreshed
- 2 heads of baby/little gem lettuce washed & chopped
- 125g smoked butter
- 50g water
- Cooked & crushed Jersey Royal potatoes when in season or similar, out of season
- Harissa spice from Flavour Magic to taste
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Lamb Chumps courtesy of sister company Campbell Brothers
- Fresh English mint chiffonade
Sear the lamb in a hot pan until golden on all sides, then roast at 150c for 10-12 mins depending on how you like it cooked. Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the crushed potatoes with some butter and season with the harissa spice, salt & pepper, keep warm
Bring the water to the boil remove from the heat and using a hand blender blitz in the smoked butter, add a little salt to taste.(You could add a little SOSA Gelespessa/Xanthan gum). This will stop the emulsion splitting.
Warm the peas and wilt the lettuce in the smoked butter emulsion, add chopped mint and check the seasoning and serve with the lamb and potatoes.
Pea shoots would make a nice garnish for this dish too.